· Your core engine (or we can supply one for an additional charge) is disassembled and thermal cleaned. All components are mag tested (where appropriate) and visually inspected.
· ARP main studs are installed and the main journals are align honed.
· The block is set up in a CNC machining center where the head gasket surfaces are machined parallel to each other and square to the main journals, the cylinders are bored and blue printed for size and location.
· ARP head studs are installed and torque plates are used to simulate the distortion of the block that would normally occur when a cylinder head is torqued in place. This method insures that the finished cylinders will be round and true.
· The front (2) 5mm alignment pins are removed from the crank and slots are machined to accept 5mm alignment keys. This provides substantially more surface area for the oil pump drive and the harmonic damper. The crank, reluctor wheel, harmonic damper and flywheel are installed on the crank and the whole assembly is digitally balanced.
· The engine is assembled, valve covers to oil pan, flywheel to damper, with the following new components:
1) Mahle High Performance Cast Piston kit.
2) Carrillo Forged Rods.
3) Mahle High Performance Main, Rod, Cam and Thrust Bearings.
4) ARP Head and Main Studs.
5) SoCal Diesel Stage 1 Cylinder Heads.
6) SoCal Diesel Super Damper.
7) SoCal Diesel Custom Camshaft.
8) New GM Water Pump with tig welded impeller gear.
9) New GM Oil Cooler.
**Optional powder coating of valve covers, intake manifolds, front and rear engine covers, upper oil pan. $600.00